Taking Care of My Younger Sister’s Too Naive of a Beautiful Yankee High Schooler, Then Falling in Love

Mid-April.

Late afternoon at the National S University.

The student cafeteria was crowded with hungry students looking for lunch. I too was slurping udon to satisfy my appetite.

At the same table, there were two male students from the same faculty as me. The handsome guy with glasses was Hoshino. The stylish guy with brown hair was Tokunaga. They've been good friends of mine since I first entered the school last year.

“Today, on the way to the university, I passed by a very cute JK. Do you think I'll get a chance?”

[TLN: JK = Joshikousei = high school girl]

Hoshino suddenly said, with a serious look on his face.

I consider this guy, who sometimes says stupid things with a cool face, to be a disappointingly handsome guy.

“No, don’t aim for a chance with a JK. You should be prepared to take care of them for the rest of your life. No actually, before that, don't lay hands on a minor while attending the faculty of education.”

When I retorted in a fast voice, Hoshino quickly adjusted the position of his glasses with his index finger.

“I haven't said anything about making a move yet. I just wanted to ask you if you think there is a chance for us to go out. And let me tell you, I have no intention of going out with a JK after I become a teacher. That's why I'm asking you now."

—No, what about even now…?

Even if you said, “I haven’t said anything about making a move yet,” what do you think will happen after you start going out with her? If you asked 100 people this question, all 100 would come up with the same answer.

While I was too dumbfounded to say anything, Tokunaga said.

“Isn’t it cool? There's not much of an age difference between a high school student and a university student. University students have an adult charm that their classmates don't have, so won’t they fall for you?”

"You sound like you've already made one fall for you.."

Hearing Tokunaga’s point, I frowned. Then Tokunaga said with a nonchalant look on his face.

“I did.”

“You did…?"

I dejectedly hung my head.

Looking at me, Tokunaga smiled.

"What? Are you jealous? That's right, high school girls have nothing but charm! That radiance! The freshness and youthfulness! It's a special thing that only high school girls have!"

At first glance, Tokunaga is a fashionable man, like a fashion model. But for some reason, he seems to be a middle-aged man on the inside.

He must have bumped into a middle-aged man at a corner somewhere and the two of them must have switched places on the inside. That's what I keep telling myself…

“I'm not jealous. I'm not interested in high school girls. I'm definitely not going to make a high school girl into an object of romantic interest.”

I said sullenly, and Hoshino inclined his head to the side.

“Why? Do you like older women?”

“It's not that… My little sister is a high school girl, so I don't really feel that way about high school girls in general…”

“Ho—? I see? So you feel like all high school girls are like your little sister?”

“Well, maybe something like that.”

I have a younger sister who is seventeen years old and is a second-year student in high school this year. So it's an everyday occurrence that my sister's friends visit my house.

They are close to me, and if I wanted to get closer to my sister's friends, it’s doable. But I can't just go after the friends she brings over. I don't want my sister and her friends to be on bad terms because of me doing something like that.

As a result of trying to be a ‘Good Onii-chan’, I excluded high school girls from my love life.

That's how I became that way by my own free will.

But for some reason, Tokunaga gave me a heartrending look.

“In other words, because you couldn't woo any of your sister's friends, you became adamant that you weren’t interested in high school girls…”

“W-r-o-n-g!! Or rather, I don’t even plan on falling in love with my university classmates, so I couldn’t even care less about that!!”

—Fuck you… Selfishly pitying people just because you're popular…

These two people have lived naturally popular lives without doing anything. We can talk about studies and other things, but when it comes to love, I can't be on the same wavelength at all.

An overwhelming difference in love experience.

It was impossible for me to be on equal footing with them in the field of love. I bitterly realized this last year.

As a sad 20-year-old with no experience with women, I guess I'll just have to wait for the topic to end.

As I stopped joining the conversation and slurped the rest of my udon, Tokunaga smilingly asked me.

“So? Is your little sister cute? Also, are her friends cute too?”

“I'll never introduce you to them.”

When I said it in a low voice, Tokunaga's face stiffened. Apparently, he could tell that I was serious.

—Though if you met Mana, I think she would just send you flying with a kick.

I gulped down the udon soup, thinking of my little sister, Mana, who dyed her hair brown and has been getting more and more barbarous lately.

Eleven o'clock at night.

Coming home from my part-time job at an izakaya, I noticed that there was a lot of noise at the entrance of my house, and stopped myself from opening the door. [TLN: izakaya is basically a japanese bar/pub that serves food and stuff as well.]

Then the doorknob I was about to touch turned and the door was pushed open.

“Mana! See you tomorrow~!”

“Arisa and Runa, be careful on your way home~”

The lights inside the house and the voice of an active looking high school girl came rushing out through the doorway first.

And then after one another, a red-haired JK and a long-haired brown-haired JK came outside together. The girl with red hair was named Runa and the one with long hair was named Arisa.

With dyed hair and uniforms, at first glance, they both look like gyarus. However, they are the same as my sister, yankees.

“Ah, Tsukacchi! What? Did you just get back from a date?”

Runa-chan looked at me and smirked.

“I was at my part-time job…”

When I replied with that, Arisa-chan sighed intentionally.

“Good grief Runa you… If Mana’s brother had a girlfriend, we wouldn’t be here right now.”

“Ha? But why?”

I didn't understand what Arisa-chan meant, so I asked back.

Then she smiled and said,

“Because if Mana's brother had a girlfriend, the earth would split in half!”

“Are you trying to tell me that it’s impossible?”

“No way… I don’t really think that there’s zero chance of the earth splitting though?”

“Shit! Just you wait! When I become a working adult, I'll marry a beautiful woman who's going to blow your mind!”

“Ah, that has a probability of zero though.”

“Be quiet! Shut up and go home! You delinquent girls!”

I yelled at Runa-chan and Arisa-chan to shoo them away. Then Runa-chan and Arisa-chan ran off, laughing loudly.

“Be careful on your way home–!”

When I finally added that, Runa-chan and Arisa-chan turned around and waved back.

They look like yankees, have bad behavior, and enjoy making fun of people. I wouldn't want to get close to them if they weren't my sister's friends, but I don't hate them as her friends. I truly do believe that.

As I was waving back at them, Mana crossed her arms beside me and said smoothly.

“If you half-heartedly lay a hand on my friends because you’re thirsty from your lack of girlfriends, I’ll never forgive you.”

“Yes yes… I won’t do something like that. I have no intention of falling in love until I become a working adult.”

Is it me or does that statement sound like ‘It’s fine if you are serious about it’… Must just be my imagination.

“Even if you say that, I don’t get it. My friends are all cute.”

Somehow she’s proud about it.

Seeing my sister like that, I narrowed my eyes in happiness.

I was happy to hear the word "friend" come out of Mana's mouth.

Actually, Mana had been a truant for a while in junior high school.

Back then, Mana wasn't a yankee like this, she was a docile and timid girl. Because of this, her classmates began to bully her, and the days that she didn’t want to go to school kept increasing.

It was a yankee classmate, who saved Mana at that time.

After becoming friends with that yankee classmate, Mana became living like a yankee. With nothing left to fear, she successfully graduated from junior high school and went on to attend a high school full of yankees.

Now that Mana had become a Yankee, her looks became more flamboyant and her language became worse. Even so, she seems to be having fun every day, which makes me happy.

—During the time when Mana didn’t go to school, she looked so painful that I couldn't even look at her…

As an older brother, I was grateful for the yankee friends who befriended my sister.

It’s enough to have just those feelings for my sister's friends. It is not possible for me to have more feelings for them than that.

“—I can't imagine falling in love with my sister's friend!”

I said this to Mana and went into the house first.

It's not a question of whether or not they're cute.

In the first place, the Yankee JKs from the low class high school make fun of me a lot. I thought I should not forget that this would not birth a chance for me to fall in love.

Chapter 2


TLN: Hey guys, thanks for reading, unlike my previous work, this one should be easier to pump out as it’s shorter, so I’ll try for a more consistent release schedule with this. If you feel like supporting me (for whatever reason, i mean why even) do check out my ko-fi

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Old Dreams Never Die

Chapter 3

Time of Lunar Eclipse