Night Flower

Chapter I
I was drifting in the darkness for I don’t know how long. When I woke up, I saw Cecilion, sitting beside me. His eyes were filed with concerns, hope and love.

In that imperial southern city, they ambushed Cecilion and hit him severely. I used all my strength to charge at Alice and then, lost my consciousness shortly afterwards. I thought we were dead, but the truth was, we were still alive.

During the 47 days when I was in the comma, Cecilion searched for every way to suppress my thirst for blood, trying to constrain the effect that my thirst brought to my body. In an ancient book of the Blood Demons, for the first time, Cecilion saw this flower. Its stalk was strangely thin and slender, just like a blade. Its pistils were extremely unique and complicated. Its petals interlocked with each other, blossoming against its crimson leaves.

I stared at the picture for a while. The flower in that picture attracted me, as if it were alive. I pressed my hand on that picture and caressed it. Suddenly, I was seized by a strange feeling and my thirst for blood was surprisingly suppressed for a moment.

Just at this moment, an ounce of power passed through my feeble body. That made us believe that this flower indeed had a mysterious power. Before that, ever since I was revived by Cecilion’s blood in the graveyard, I haven’t been able to find a way to adjust to this new form of life until this moment. Every time, when the night fell, my thirst would lure me to search for blood. It seemed that this thirst was aroused from the depth of my soul, which was irresistible and caused me extreme pain.


Chapter II
That night, Cecilion found an unscrupulous merchant, who claimed himself to be able to do anything in the world.

“This thing is so hard to get.” This man, emitting a sense of greediness from head to foot, lowered his hat and said in an extremely deep voice. “This is the Night Flower. It’s exceptionally precious and is one of the strongest species in the Land of Dawn. It sprouts from the barren and solid mud in the land of despair and gains nutrition from flesh and blood.”

“Wherever Night Flower grows, all the grass and flowers will wither. The Night Flower will snatch all the nutrition within that area.”

“This flower has an incredible magic within. The closer it grows to the Abyss, a larger quantity will grow. It is said the enchanters in the Castle Aberleen will pay generously for it. They will use this kind of flower to make some secret elixir to fight against Blood Demons.” Speaking of Blood Demons, that merchant paused and stared at me with a creepy smile.

“This is the only one I’ve got. It took me a lot of efforts to get this. It only grows in Kostove, the land of despair. No one could ever set foot in that place.”

“I’ll take it.” Cecilion had had enough with hagging. He took that flower and left a huge of sum of gold to him that would definitely make him satisfied.


Chapter III
The Night Flower indeed amazed me. The rampage crimson withered slowly in my palm and then, melted into my hand. At first, I felt the tremendous beat in my chest and then, I felt my blood boiling. Suddenly, there was nothing except the crimson I could see. However, shortly afterwards, the chaos disappeared. Everything regained its tranquillity. Vanished alongside with it was my thirst for blood.

Cecilion put his cold hand on my shoulder. Everything around us was so quiet. In that moment, I felt peace and myself reborn.

However, it never occurred to us that the peace only lasted for seven days, the effect of the Night Flower disappeared. My thirst for blood emerged within me again, growing more and more severe with the passage of time. Deep down we knew that if we wanted to conceal our trace among human beings, we must get a Night Flower seed.

That night, I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I felt Cecilion’s kiss on my cheek.

“Stay here and wait for me.” I felt his hand trembling. I knew he didn’t know whether he could make it or not.


Chapter IV
It had never occurred to me anything could actually grow in Kostove.

Since childhood, I have learned from others that this place had become a land of despair. Nothing could ever grow in that place. Every inch of the soil has been turned into saline land. Standing in that place, even the strongest warrior would tremble with fear. If it weren’t for the Lantis Mountains, the whole Land of Dawn would become like this.

Numerous Night Flower rampaged inharmoniously against the cracked soil. A bunch of Abyssal Demons were watering those flowers with blood of unknown creatures. The flowers, moistened by the blood, grew more and more crimson. The quirkily crimson redden the dark sky.

I followed Cecilion quietly. We have made a promise that we would never be separated from each other. Even death could not set us apart

When I was immersed in my memory, I saw Cecilion. I thought he would blame me, but al I saw in his eyes was worries. He pulled put his wand and placed a hand on my shoulder. His hand was so soothing and I felt at ease immediately.

“You take the left and I’ll take the right.”

To get those Night Flowers, we had to fight a way through. Then, I summoned the Claw.

I used to think the Demons only existed in my bedtime stories. Now, they were standing right before my eyes and I had to kill them before they torn us apart.

However, I underestimated those Demons. They were dashing towards me like flood, growling. They forced us to keep moving backwards and all I could do was to retreat. I was standing there, watching myself being swallowed by them bit by bit. Our blood was poured into the cracked land and was about to be drained for our bodies. The Night Flowers, soaked in our blood, became more and more crimson.


Chapter V
Cecilion raised his wand towards the Demons dashing towards us. Amidst the blast, those ugly creatures were eliminated. However, the shock caused Cecilion to retreat backwards too.

However, the peace only lasted for a moment. More and more Demons kept pouring in and went after him. Unlike Cecilion, I haven’t completely get adjusted to my new identity as a Blood Demon and I don’t know how to use the power of Blood Demon. All I could do was to try my best to stay close to him.

“Maybe we will die here.” Cecilion shielded me with his body. I heard the thunderous sounds of horns from afar and saw more and more Demons pouring in. they had surrounded us and there was no way for us to escape.

“We may die someday, but not today, and not here.” There are a lot of dangerous things outside. However, the power of love is the strongest thing in the world. It can help us to break any shackles.

I looked down at the Night Flower blossoming beside me. They bloomed rampantly as if they were whispering to me.

I pushed Cecilion away and leaped into the Night Flowers. Their thorns pierced my body and blood kept pouring from my wounds. The Night Flowers, watered by my blood grew like crazy. Their petals became more and more striking and integrated with me as one.

The sky was lit by the light and covered by the blood mist. Fearing the mighty power, the Demons retreated against the sparkling light. Among the rising bloody mist, I felt the joy of ascension.

We no longer needed the seeds of Night Flower because I bloomed as a Night Flower.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Old Dreams Never Die

Accompanied by the Light of Dawn

Chapter 3